Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TA Securities downgrades KLK, Sime Darby, FGV on lower average CPO prices

Go down

TA Securities downgrades KLK, Sime Darby, FGV on lower average CPO prices Empty TA Securities downgrades KLK, Sime Darby, FGV on lower average CPO prices

Post by Cals Wed 20 Aug 2014, 00:44

TA Securities downgrades KLK, Sime Darby, FGV on lower average CPO prices
Business & Markets 2014
Written by Jeffrey Tan of theedgemalaysia.com   
Tuesday, 19 August 2014 12:02

KUALA LUMPUR (Aug 19): TA Securities has downgraded plantation behemoths Kuala Lumpur Kepong Bhd (KLK), Sime Darby Bhd and Felda Global Ventures Holdings Bhd (FGV) as it expects lower average full-year price for crude palm oil (CPO).

The research house said it lowered its CPO target price to RM2,530 per metric tonne this year from RM2,800 per metric tonne.

It also lowered CPO target price for next year to RM2,725 per metric tonne from RM2,800 per metric tonne.

In a note today, TA said the downgrades on the plantations stocks came post-revision in earnings forecasts.

“KLK has been downgraded to sell call from hold. Sime Darby and FGV have been downgraded to hold from buy,” said research analysts James Ratnam and Angeline Chin of TA.

According to the pair, TA has turned "neutral" on the sector due to stronger than expected aggregate supply growth in both soybeans and CPO and weaker-than-expected export demand for CPO.

James and Chin added other factors include the lacklustre biodiesel initiatives in Indonesia and Malaysia, and the reduced risk of adverse weather ahead – El Nino.
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down