Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MMC Corp 2Q net profit more than triples

Go down

MMC Corp 2Q net profit more than triples Empty MMC Corp 2Q net profit more than triples

Post by Cals Wed 27 Aug 2014, 23:21

MMC Corp 2Q net profit more than triples
Business & Markets 2014
Written by Adrian Wong of theedgemalaysia.com   
Wednesday, 27 August 2014 20:50

KUALA LUMPUR (Aug 27): Conglomerate MMC Corp Bhd’s net profit more than tripled to RM165.45 million for the second financial quarter ended June 30, 2014 (2QFY14), from RM43.86 million a year ago, primarily due to higher contribution from its 51%-owned subsidiary Malakoff Corp Bhd and the Klang Valley Mass Rapid Transit (KVMRT) project.

Revenue rose 51% to RM2.87 billion, compared with RM1.9 billion in 2QFY13, on higher work progress performed from the KVMRT Sungai Buloh-Kajang line, higher contribution from Malakoff’s energy and utilities segment, and a sale of land by its subsidiary as part of the Senai Airport City development plan.

In a filing with Bursa Malaysia today, MMC Corp said net profit for the six months ended June 30, 2014 (6MFY14) also more than tripled to RM189.03 million, from RM52.68 million a year ago. Revenue was 30% higher at RM4.73 billion, against RM3.64 billion in 6MFY14.

MMC Corp's share price closed unchanged at RM2.35 today, bringing a market capitalisation of RM7.16 billion.

Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down