Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Affin IB Research upgrades MMC to Buy, target price RM3.15

Go down

Affin IB Research upgrades MMC to Buy, target price RM3.15 Empty Affin IB Research upgrades MMC to Buy, target price RM3.15

Post by Cals Thu 28 Aug 2014, 18:18

Affin IB Research upgrades MMC to Buy, target price RM3.15
Business & Markets 2014
Written by theedgemalaysia.com   
Thursday, 28 August 2014 08:53

KUALA LUMPUR (Aug 28): Affin IB Research has upgraded MMC Corporation Bhd to Buy (from Add) at RM2.35 with an unchanged target price of RM3.15 and said MMC reported a stronger 1H14 core net profit of RM152.1 million (up 209% y-o-y) driven by: (i) higher Malakoff earnings contribution due to positive recovery progress from Tanjung Bin power plant; and (ii) higher earnings from Klang Valley MRT project.
In a note Thursday, the research house said that overall, the annualised results are broadly within consensus and house our full year earnings forecast.
Affin IB said while MMC’s 1H14 core net profit accounted for 56-60% of street and house full year earnings forecast, the research house expects a normalisation of KVMRT earnings and higher effective tax rate (4.5% in 1H14) to weaken 2H14 earnings.
“We maintain our earnings forecast but upgraded MMC to Buy (from Add) with an unchanged target price of RM3.15 based on a 15% discount to RNAV.
“Key re-rating catalysts are stronger-than-expected earnings, the listing of Malakoff and potential corporate restructuring of the group’s key assets,” it said.
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down