Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malaysia stands out as Telenor's biggest market for Internet growth

Go down

Malaysia stands out as Telenor's biggest market for Internet growth Empty Malaysia stands out as Telenor's biggest market for Internet growth

Post by Cals Wed 17 Sep 2014, 23:25

Malaysia stands out as Telenor's biggest market for Internet growth
Business & Markets 2014
Written by Shalini Kumar of theedgemalaysia.com
Wednesday, 17 September 2014 11:40

KUALA LUMPUR (Sept 17): Malaysia will be Telenor ASA Group's biggest market for internet growth going forward, with India and Bangladesh making up its biggest markets for revenue and subscriber growth.

Speaking to reporters after his presentation at KL Converge today, Sigve Brekke, Telenor Group executive vice president and head of Asia operations, said Malaysia showed an unusually high demand for Internet within Asia.

"Malaysia, as well as Thailand, stand out within the region for Internet consumption with a daily usage of about 3.5 hours a day per person," said Brekke.

'At the same time, mobile operators within the country are always competing on prices and types of services offered to customers," he added, noting that the regulators had also played their part in regulating the industry and allocating spectrum.

Brekke is also chairman for DiGi.Com Bhd, which is 49%-owned by Telenor, via Telenor Asia Pte Ltd.

Meanwhile, the group expects to increase its mobile internet subscriber base in Asia to 45 million users by year-end, representing an increase of about 64% year-on-year.
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down