Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hot Stock Teo Seng falls on profit-taking, Edge Research sees stock trading at premium valuation

Go down

Hot Stock Teo Seng falls on profit-taking, Edge Research sees stock trading at premium valuation Empty Hot Stock Teo Seng falls on profit-taking, Edge Research sees stock trading at premium valuation

Post by Cals Tue 04 Nov 2014, 18:06

Hot Stock
Teo Seng falls on profit-taking, Edge Research sees stock trading at premium valuation

KUALA LUMPUR (Nov 4): Poultry firm Teo Seng Capital Bhd ([You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Financial Dashboard) fell as much as 1.6% as investors took profit following the stock's recent gains.
Investors might also have noted a report by the Edge Research, which indicated that Teo Seng traded at premium valuations.

At 10.08am, Teo Seng was traded at RM2.47 with 59,800 shares done. The stock had earlier dropped as much as four sen to RM2.45.

For comparison, the FBM KLCI fell 3.51 points or 0.2% to 1,849.83.
Acccording to Edge Research's report, which is published in The Edge Financial Daily today, Teo Seng's share price had soared 21% over the past two weeks.
The share price rise had extended the stock's gains since July this year.
"Teo Seng’s rally also coincided with an increase in interest in poultry stocks. The company’s financial performance has been positive, with turnover doubling since 2010 to RM330 million in 2013, while net margins in 1H2014 almost doubled to 11.2% from 6.6%.
"The stock trades at a premium though, at 3.2 times book with a trailing 12-month
P/E (price-earnings ratio (PER) ) of 15 times," Edge Research said.

Bloomberg data showed that Teo Seng's PER compared with the sector average of 28 times.
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down