Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HLIB Research sees further electricity tariff cut in 2H15

Go down

HLIB Research sees further electricity tariff cut in 2H15 Empty HLIB Research sees further electricity tariff cut in 2H15

Post by Cals Thu 12 Feb 2015, 19:11

HLIB Research sees further electricity tariff cut in 2H15

By TheEdge Markets.com / theedgemarkets.com   | February 12, 2015 : 8:32 AM MYT  

KUALA LUMPUR (Feb 12): [size=14]Hong Leong IB Research has maintained its “Buy” rating on Tenaga Nasional Bhd ([You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Financial Dashboard) with a lower target price of RM17 (from RM17.50) and said it remained positive on Tenaga’s long-term earnings growth after the announcement of a tariff cut.

In a note today, the research house said the government had announced tariff cut in Peninsular Malaysia by an average 2.25sen/kWh from March 1 to June 1, while Sabah and Labuan by 1.20sen/kWh, in order to pass back RM727m savings in cost over-recovery in 2014.

HLIB said it was surprised by the announcement of cost over-recovery of RM727 million versus previous guidance of cost under-recovery of RM824 million.

“We see further tariff cut in 2H15, given the expected adjustment in LNG price by Petronas.

“We have assumed lower average tariff and cut FY15-17 earnings by 2.2-7.9%.

“Remained positive on Tenaga’s long-term earnings growth. Maintained BUY with lower target price of RM17.00 (from RM17.50) based on DCFE,” it said.
[/size]
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down