Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stocks With Momentum: Can-one

Go down

Stocks With Momentum: Can-one Empty Stocks With Momentum: Can-one

Post by Cals Tue 03 Mar 2015, 00:23

Stocks With Momentum: Can-one

By theedgemarkets.com / theedgemarkets.com   | March 2, 2015 : 11:03 AM MYT   

[size=14]CAN-ONE Bhd ([You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Financial Dashboard) (+ve)
CAN-ONE (Fundamental: 0.8/3; Valuation: 1.2/3) manufactures tin cans, jerry cans, and dairy products. The company’s most valuable asset is its 32.9% stake in Kian Joo Can Factory Bhd (Kian Joo), which has a market capitalisation of RM1,323.6 million.

In 2013, Can-One proposed to sell its stake in Kian Joo to Aspire Insight — controlled by EPF and Kian Joo’s Chief Operating Officer Chee Khay Leong — for RM1.47 billion. The sale has, however, been stalled by legal suits, and is now pending a hearing in the Court of Appeal in April.

Can-One released its results for 2014 on Thursday. Revenue increased by 16.3% y-y to RM898.9 million but net profit dropped 8.5% y-y to RM63.8 million due, mainly, to higher production costs and excess capacity. Gearing was relatively high at 80.7%.

A first and final dividend of 5 sen per share was proposed, translating into a yield of 2.1%.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This article first appeared in The Edge Financial Daily, on March 2, 2015.
[/size]
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down