Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stocks With Momentum: Focus Lumber

Go down

Stocks With Momentum: Focus Lumber Empty Stocks With Momentum: Focus Lumber

Post by Cals Wed 18 Mar 2015, 01:34

Stocks With Momentum: Focus Lumber

By theedgemarkets.com / theedgemarkets.com   | March 17, 2015 : 10:32 AM MYT 

[size=14]Focus Lumber Bhd ([You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Financial Dashboard) (+ve)

FOCUS Lumber (fundamental: 1.75/3; valuation: 2.4/3) was InsiderAsia’s stock pick featured on 11 December, 2014. Since then, the stock has gained 33.8%, and added 10 sen or 7.5% to RM1.43 over the past three days. With the stronger USD and improving overseas markets, timber stocks have seen renewed interest.

Focus Lumber, a Sabah-based plywood manufacturer, stands out for three reasons: fairly consistent earnings, a strong balance sheet and attractive dividend yields. 

Net profit ranged from RM10 million to RM16 million over the past five years. The company has been building its cash pile with net cash of RM60.4 million in 2014, up from RM28.8 million in 2010. 

This translates to 58.6 sen per share, or 41.0% of its share price. 

Dividends increased to 8 sen in the last two years, giving an attractive yield of 5.6%. With over 60% of its sales going to US market, it stands to benefit from the US housing market recovery. The stock is trading at a trailing 12-month P/E of 8.8 times and 1.08 times book.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This article first appeared in The Edge Financial Daily, on March 17, 2015.
[/size]
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down