Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stocks With Momentum: Opcom

Go down

Stocks With Momentum: Opcom Empty Stocks With Momentum: Opcom

Post by Cals Wed 25 Mar 2015, 00:26

Stocks With Momentum: Opcom

By theedgemarkets.com / theedgemarkets.com   | March 24, 2015 : 10:51 AM MYT  

[size=14]OPCOM Holdings Bhd ([You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Financial Dashboard) (-ve)

FOLLOWING the redesignation of Tan Sri Mokhzani Mahathir as CEO during last Friday, OPCOM saw its shares surged 22.8%, closing at an all-time high of RM1.16 yesterday. 

OPCOM (Fundamental: 2.2/3, Valuation: 1.5/3) is primarily involved in the manufacturing of fibre optic cable. 

For FYMarch2014, net profit slumped 78.5% to RM2.79 million, due to intense competition from foreign suppliers. The company managed to double its net profit for 9MFY2015 to RM2.58 million, attributed to increased customer orders for cables and accessories. 

OPCOM also stands to benefit from the roll-out of High Speed Broadband Phase Two (HSBB2) which was awarded to Telekom Malaysia Bhd ([You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Financial Dashboard) in late February, for RM1.8 billion over a 10-year period.

As end-December 2014, the company has a net cash of RM48.3 million, equivalent to 30 sen per share or 25.9% of its current share price of RM1.16.

The stock is currently trading at trailing 12-month P/E of 36.07 times and 2.01 times book value.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This article first appeared in The Edge Financial Daily, on March 24, 2015.
[/size]
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down