Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bursa: GST will have minimal impact on trading

Go down

Bursa: GST will have minimal impact on trading Empty Bursa: GST will have minimal impact on trading

Post by Cals Tue 31 Mar 2015, 21:51

Bursa: GST will have minimal impact on trading

By Fatin Rasyiqah Mustaza / theedgemarkets.com   | March 31, 2015 : 2:41 PM MYT   

[size=14]KUALA LUMPUR: [size=14]Bursa ([You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Financial Dashboard) Malaysia stressed that the 6% Goods and Services Tax will be imposed on trading transactions as it is a service, but not on the value of the transaction.

Hence investors will not be charged at a surplus, said Bursa's director of corporate services Rosidah Baharom to reporters during a short break in the company’s annual general meeting today
"It is only applicable on the transaction fees as GST is also a charge on services. Let's say when investors purchase shares and the transaction is RM40, there will be a plus 6% charge on the trade," said Rosidah.
The implementation of the consumption tax, which starts tomorrow, will only have minimal impact on trading, said Bursa chief regulatory officer Selvarany Rasiah.
"I don't believe that GST will be a dampener for traders to trade," said Selvarany.
Meanwhile, Bursa's chief executive officer Datuk Tajuddin Atan sees that 2015 will be a challenging year for the local market as commodities are expected to move in a volatile manner, coupled with uncertain external factors.[/size]

[/size]
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down