Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Highlight Malaysia's Malakoff IPO institutional offer oversubscribed more than 2 times -sources

Go down

Highlight Malaysia's Malakoff IPO institutional offer oversubscribed more than 2 times -sources Empty Highlight Malaysia's Malakoff IPO institutional offer oversubscribed more than 2 times -sources

Post by Cals Sat 18 Apr 2015, 01:08

Highlight
Malaysia's Malakoff IPO institutional offer oversubscribed more than 2 times -sources
By Reuters / Reuters   | April 17, 2015 : 12:26 PM MYT   
Share on facebookShare on twitter

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[size]
KUALA LUMPUR (Apr 17): Institutional investors bought into Malaysia's biggest listing in nearly three years, oversubscribing an initial public offering by Malakoff Corporation Bhd worth up to $756 million by more than two times, according to three people with direct knowledge of the matter.
Bookbuilding for the institutional tranche of the IPO by Malaysia's largest independent power producer - equal to more than 25 percent of the total offering - was set in a tight range between 1.75 ringgit and 1.80 ringgit per share, sources had said.
The up to 2.74 billion ringgit listing comes as many local companies, susceptible to significant volatility in energy prices and the ringgit, opt against embarking on IPOs, for fear that volatility could squeeze their valuations.
The IPO also serves as a gauge of investor sentiment on the planned $3 billion IPO of the Edra Global Energy Bhdpower unit of indebted Malaysian state investor 1MDB's, bankers have said. Edra Global is a direct and smaller competitor of Malakoff.
Malakoff was not immediately available to comment.
($1 = 3.6275 ringgit)[/size]
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down