Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Highlight Affin gets BNM nod to start talks with Japan's Daiwa

Go down

Highlight Affin gets BNM nod to start talks with Japan's Daiwa Empty Highlight Affin gets BNM nod to start talks with Japan's Daiwa

Post by Cals Thu 07 May 2015, 03:03

Highlight
Affin gets BNM nod to start talks with Japan's Daiwa

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

By theedgemarkets.com / theedgemarkets.com   | May 6, 2015 : 8:01 PM MYT

KUALA LUMPUR (May 6): [size=14]Affin Holdings Bhd ([You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Financial Dashboard) said it will commence negotiations with Japan's Daiwa Securities Group Inc for the latter to acquire a minority stake in its investment banking arm, Affin Hwang Investment Bank Bhd (Affin Hwang IB).

This follows an approval from Bank Negara Malaysia (BNM), which has, vide its letter dated April 29, 2015, stated that it has no objection in principle for Affin to commence negotiations with Daiwa in relation to the proposal.

This is, however, subject to the two parties concluding negotiations within six months from the date of the said letter.

"The said approval should not be construed as approval for the proposal. Upon concluding negotiations, Daiwa and Affin would be required to obtain the prior approval of BNM pursuant to the Financial Services Act 2013, before entering into any agreement to effect the proposal," said Affin in a filing with Bursa Malaysia today.

The financial services group said it will make further announcements as and when there are material developments pertaining to the proposal.
[/size]
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down