Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Highlight Malaysia's May industrial output growth beats forecast

Go down

Highlight Malaysia's May industrial output growth beats forecast Empty Highlight Malaysia's May industrial output growth beats forecast

Post by Cals Sat 11 Jul 2015, 19:52

Highlight
Malaysia's May industrial output growth beats forecast

KUALA LUMPUR (July 10): Malaysia’s May industrial production index (IPI) saw a 4.5% year-on-year (y-o-y) increase, supported by growth in all three components of the output gauge.
Figures released by the Statistics Department today showed mining and manufacturing production grew 9% and 3.2% respectively. Electricity output rose 1.2%.
"The mining sector output recorded a strong growth of 9% in May 2015 compared to the same month in 2014. This expansion was mainly driven by the increase of crude oil index at 18.8%.
"The natural gas index, however, declined by 1.9%," the department said.
From January to May, the IPI grew 5.6% from a year earlier as all three sectors of the index rose.
Mining output grew 8.1% while manufacturing production expanded 4.8%. Electricity output rose 3.2%.
The May IPI's 4.5% y-o-y increase compared to the 4% growth in April, according to the department.
The May industrial output growth had beaten market forecast of a 3% rise, based on a Reuters survey.
Yesterday, Reuters reported that Malaysia's industrial production in May likely grew at a slower pace than the previous month due to sluggish external demand and weaker domestic consumption.  
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down