Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Canadian pension fund manager invests in Malaysian real estate

Go down

Canadian pension fund manager invests in Malaysian real estate Empty Canadian pension fund manager invests in Malaysian real estate

Post by Cals Tue 18 Aug 2015, 22:45

Canadian pension fund manager invests in Malaysian real estate

TORONTO (Aug 18): Canada Pension Plan Investment Board, the largest pension fund manager in Canada and one of its most active dealmakers, said on Tuesday it has invested C$170 million ($130 million) in a Malaysian real estate joint venture, marking its first direct real estate investment in Southeast Asia.
Toronto-based CPPIB said along with the Pavilion Group it has formed a venture to invest in Pavilion Damansara Heights, a mixed-use development project in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia's largest city.
The project is a freehold development that integrates corporate towers, luxury residences and a retail galleria located less than 10 kilometers (6.2 miles) from Malaysia's iconic Petronas Twin Towers.
"This joint venture fits well with our investment strategy as it provides us with a great opportunity to work with a smart partner in a high-quality real estate asset that will provide attractive risk-adjusted returns over the long term," Jimmy Phua, CPPIB's head of real estate investments in Asia, said in a statement.
($1 = 1.3102 Canadian dollars)
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down