Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brokerage fee-the silent killer for small cap players

Go down

Brokerage fee-the silent killer for small cap players Empty Brokerage fee-the silent killer for small cap players

I suggest all new member to use the cheapset brokerage platform possible. When chosing an investment bank, make sure they have intraday facility or very cheap brokerage.

This help shortterm trader like ourself goes a long way to making profits. If you noticed we usually go in and exit a trade from days to minutes and even seconds.

Imagine using a brokerage which charge Rm28 minumum/0.42% if you make 10 trades? in and out will cost you a whooping Rm560!!!!

and say you buy a stock and exit after one bid? instead of profits you will be exiting at a lost because of the brokerage. Especially for small cap comrades who takes 100-300 lots your chances of making a lost is alot higher. Example buy stock A 100lots, sell after one bid earn Rm50. Brokerage RM48 you make Rm2. Buy stock A 100lots, sell at one bid lost, pay Rm50+Rm48 brokerage [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] when you win you make Rm2, when you lose you lose Rm100 long term will be poor!!!

also when a stock look bad, if your brokerage is high around rm80......you will think twice before selling back at cost when you should just sell....that few seconds you take to think twice can make you lose 1-2 bid. Personal experience

Suggested banks with low brokerage

1. ECM Money intraday package-pay only when you profit, if lost no brokerage. brokerage for intraday when profit is 0.1%(no minimum means if you buy rm500 worth of stock your brokerage is 50ct [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )Overnight 0.2% or Rm12
  2. HLE broking 0.1% intraday. 0.38 or min Rm12 for overnight
  3. Jupiter securities 0.05% intraday or minimum Rm10-12, 0.1-0.3% for overnight
  4. CIMB Clicks Rm8.88 or 0.0388% when you maintain Rm10k in account

these are the few banks i personally recomend....go to their website or call the up for more details!!

remember winning and losing can be determined by brokerage in the long run
phoenix777
phoenix777

Male Join date : 2011-02-03
Job/Hobbies : eating good food
Stock Exposure : 1 year
Stock Portfolio : empty handed

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Brokerage fee-the silent killer for small cap players :: Comments

ESH

Post Tue 18 Oct 2011, 21:47 by ESH

Ya lor Headbang I just realised the difference now. I lose a lot already to brokerage. o.42%! Headbang

Back to top Go down

phoenix777

Post Tue 18 Oct 2011, 21:49 by phoenix777

ESH wrote:Ya lor [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I just realised the difference now. I lose a lot already to brokerage. o.42%! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

me too last time i bought a stock so happy i won rm100.....when actly profit after brokerage is rm20....if lose 100 u lose 180 leh like that long run sure die.....

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 01 Dec 2011, 18:36 by Guest

bump

Back to top Go down

aam

Post Thu 01 Dec 2011, 18:49 by aam

this one i agree my recent experience broker fee super high market volatile not dare hold long time so make few point cabut one day in out few time my highest daily contract in/out 38keping = broker fee rm760 one day, 1/3 of daily profit, if loss big time like today even no happi Headbang

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down