Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Consumer Price Index (CPI) – January 2012

Go down

Consumer Price Index (CPI) – January 2012 Empty Consumer Price Index (CPI) – January 2012

Post by Cals Fri 24 Feb 2012, 11:28

Consumer Price Index (CPI) – January 2012

Inflation cooled down for the third month

Within expectation – January’s Consumer Price Index (CPI) rose to 2.7% y-o-y (Jan’11: 2.4% y-o-y) and 0.3% m-o-m (Dec’12: 0.1% m-o-m) to 104.5. The CPI result was within our expectation of 2.7-2.9%.

We reckon the primary factor for moderate CPI growth (against Oct’11: 3.4% y-o-y, Nov’11: 3.3% y-o-y, Dec: 3.0%) was due to continue of subsidy to keep prices at bay. Apart from that, the disruption of supply chain has almost recovered from floods in Thailand to keep prices at accommodative level.

CPI expected to trend downwards in coming months – We forecast CPI for Feb’ 12 to decrease to a range of 2.5% to 2.7% due to the waning of consumer demand and stabilisation of food prices.
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down