Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

April 22th MON - BC Daily trading floor - First trading day ; Week 4

4 posters

Go down

April 22th MON - BC Daily trading floor - First trading day ; Week 4 Empty April 22th MON - BC Daily trading floor - First trading day ; Week 4

Post by Cals Mon 22 Apr 2013, 08:10

Morning Traders,

Info
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
*watch tenaga again

we see a positive start to the week

Last edited by Cals on Mon 22 Apr 2013, 14:12; edited 1 time in total
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down

April 22th MON - BC Daily trading floor - First trading day ; Week 4 Empty Re: April 22th MON - BC Daily trading floor - First trading day ; Week 4

Post by Cals Mon 22 Apr 2013, 08:43

GLOBAL MARKETS-Nikkei bulls charge in as dollar/yen hovers at 100
Business & Markets 2013
Written by Reuters
Monday, 22 April 2013 08:35

A + / A - / Reset
TOKYO (April 22): Bulls drove Japanese shares to nearly five-year highs as yen bears clawed at the symbolic 100 yen/dollar door after the Group of 20 gatherings in Washington all but endorsed the Bank of Japan's aggressive reflation drive.

The dollar was trading at 99.78 yen, after earlier rising to 99.89, just below a four-year high of 99.95 yen hit on April 11.

In a communique after a two-day meeting on Friday, the G20 simply said it would be "mindful" of possible side effects from extended periods of monetary stimulus, without singling out Japan as some in the markets had feared.

"Following the G20, players feel comfortable selling the yen further, and it is just a matter of timing when the symbolic 100 yen level is hit," said Yuji Saito, director of foreign exchange at Credit Agricole in Tokyo.

Japan's Nikkei stock average opened up 1.7 percent, cheering the G20 outcome as a clear trend for the yen's weakness improves prospects for Japanese corporate earnings.

The MSCI's broadest index of Asia-Pacific shares outside Japan inched down 0.1 percent after ending a volatile week with a 0.5 percent drop. Global equities markets and commodities rebounded late last week after tumbling sharply on concerns about growth slowdown in the United States and China.

Australian shares were up 0.1 percent while South Korean shares opened down 0.2 percent.

With few major events or news scheduled during the session in Asia, market focus was largely on when the dollar will top 100 yen to renew its four-year peak.

With the euro zone's economy looking fragile, the U.S. dollar looked set to strengthen relative to other major currencies. How far that would go depended on U.S. economic data rather than factors from Japan, Credit Agricole's Saito added.

Heavy option barriers were lined up around 100 yen to the dollar, but once the level is broken the dollar has more upside as it would trigger stop-loss buying and target 101.45, a 2009 high, he said.

Asian shares were capped on Monday with investors remaining wary of volatility in riskier assets such as shares and gold while digesting current developments.

Finance leaders of the G20 club of advanced and emerging economies also edged away from a long-running drive toward government austerity in rich nations, rejecting the idea of setting hard targets for reducing national debt in a sign of worries over a sluggish global recovery.

That concern was highlighted on Saturday when the International Monetary Fund's steering committee said at the conclusion of the world lender's spring meeting that monetary policy alone was not enough to restore confidence in the shaky global economy. They urged countries to take additional steps to reinvigorate growth and create jobs.

Data on Friday showed currency speculators raised their bets against the yen in the week ended April 16, while lifting positions in favour of the U.S. dollar.

The euro was down 0.2 percent to $1.3055 and traders expected the single currency to face pressure as a slew of euro zone economic reports will be released this week.

Italy's re-election of a president on Saturday has raised the prospect of an end to the two months of political stalemate that followed a general election, helping to support the euro.

U.S. crude was steady around 88.01 a barrel.

Spot gold was up 0.2 percent to $1,407.81 an ounce, well above its lowest in more than two years of $1,321.35 touched last week. - Reuters
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”

Back to top Go down

April 22th MON - BC Daily trading floor - First trading day ; Week 4 Empty Re: April 22th MON - BC Daily trading floor - First trading day ; Week 4

Post by Cals Mon 22 Apr 2013, 08:43

Nikkei vaults to nearly five-year high as yen softens after G20
Business & Markets 2013
Written by Reuters
Monday, 22 April 2013 08:11

A + / A - / Reset
TOKYO (April 22): The Nikkei average climbed to a near five-year high on Monday, with exporters taking the lead as the yen softened broadly after the Group of 20 nations stopped short of criticising Japan's radical monetary expansionary policies.

The Nikkei rose 1.9 percent to 13,562.78 after trading as high as 13,577.81, its highest since July 2008, while the broader Topix index advanced 1.9 percent to 1,148.02. - Reuters
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by JF Mon 22 Apr 2013, 08:45

Coffee morning
JF
JF

Male Join date : 2011-10-07
Job/Hobbies : $$
Profit & Loss $$

Back to top Go down

Post by Cals Mon 22 Apr 2013, 09:20

JF wrote: Coffee morning

morning Coffee hows the office ?
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by JF Mon 22 Apr 2013, 09:25

Cals wrote:
JF wrote: Coffee morning

morning Coffee hows the office ?

sleepy.... Giggle
JF
JF

Job/Hobbies : $$
Profit & Loss $$

Back to top Go down

Post by Bursa berserker Mon 22 Apr 2013, 09:58

good morning comrades :D
Bursa berserker
Bursa berserker

Stock Portfolio : mitra :D lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Cals Mon 22 Apr 2013, 11:18

Bursa berserker wrote:good morning comrades :D

good morning BB

Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Cals Mon 22 Apr 2013, 11:18

Mid-morning Market KLCI struggles to sustain gains
Business & Markets 2013
Written by Surin Murugiah of theedgemalaysia.com
Monday, 22 April 2013 10:09

A + / A - / Reset
KUALA LUMPUR (April 22): The FBM KLCI eked out limited gains at mid-morning on Monday, as continuing market consolidation kept a lid on investor activity at the local bourse.

At 10am, the FBM KLCI added a mere 2.47 points to 1,708.75.

Losers over took gainers by 177 to 151, while 194 counters traded unchanged. Volume was 155.53 million shares valued at RM146.96 million.

Among the gainers at mid-morning were Petronas Dagangan, Jerasia, BAT, I-BHD [], Dayang Enterprise, Petronas Gas, HDBS, Tan Chong, Parkson and United PLANTATION []s.

K-Star was the most actively traded counter with 13.48 million shares done. The stock rose 2.5 sen to 22.5 sen

The other actives included Astral Supreme, MISC, Metronic, Johan, Nextnation, Kinsteel and Luster.

The losers included Nestle, MISC, Aeon, Genting Plantations, Carlsberg, Genting, IJM Corp and Bright Packaging.

Maybank IB head of retail research and chief chartist Lee Cheng Hooi in a note to clients Monday said the obvious support areas for the FBM KLCI were in the 1,664 to 1,702 zone.

“The key resistance levels of 1,706 and 1,716 will see some heavy liquidation activities,” he said.

Meanwhile, bulls drove Japanese shares to nearly five-year highs as yen bears clawed at the symbolic 100 yen/dollar door after the Group of 20 gatherings in Washington all but endorsed the Bank of Japan's aggressive reflation drive, according to Reuters.

The dollar was trading at 99.78 yen, after earlier rising to 99.89, just below a four-year high of 99.95 yen hit on April 11, it said.

In a communique after a two-day meeting on Friday, the G20 simply said it would be "mindful" of possible side effects from extended periods of monetary stimulus, without singling out Japan as some in the markets had feared, said Reuters.
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Bursa berserker Mon 22 Apr 2013, 11:44

Cals wrote:
Bursa berserker wrote:good morning comrades :D

good morning BB

morning [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Bursa berserker
Bursa berserker

Back to top Go down

Post by Cals Mon 22 Apr 2013, 14:07

KLCI futures lower at mid-day
Business & Markets 2013
Written by Bernama
Monday, 22 April 2013 13:12

A + / A - / Reset
KUALA LUMPUR (April 22): The FTSE Bursa Malaysia KLCI (FBM KLCI) futures contracts on Bursa Malaysia Derivatives closed lower at mid-day, in line with the weaker cash market.

Spot month April 2013, June 2013 and September 2013 fell 1.5 points each to 1,703.5, 1,696.5 and 1,687 respectively while May 2013 erased one point to 1,699.

The underlying FBM KLCI ended the morning session 0.37 of a point lower at 1,705.91.
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Cals Mon 22 Apr 2013, 14:11

Kenanga Today

IDEAS OF THE DAY (SEE SEPARATE REPORTS FOR DETAILS)

l Sector Update: Media

l Quick Bites: GAMUDA, MISC, WCT, UZMA

l On Our Portfolio: All Eyes on the Election Campaign

l On Our Technical Watch: Weekly Technical

NEWS HIGHLIGHTS

l Petronas Dagangan gets sukuk approval

l CIMB Thai Q1 net profit up 11.4%

l Up to EPF to decide RHBCap privatisation, says group MD

l Kamdar to sell land, building for RM26.0m

l Datasonic awarded RM15.0m KDN service contract

l Johan in talks to sell charge and credit card ops

FOREIGN NEWS HIGHLIGHTS

l Sprint/SoftBank asks FCC to go ahead with deal review

l Nestle’s Nespresso Growth Hit by Swiss Contender Migros

ECONOMIC NEWS HIGHLIGHTS (MACRO BITS)

Global

l IMF To Boost Oversight Of Bank Stimulus

Asia Pacific

l G-20 Eyes Stimulus Fallout Even As Japan Bond Buying Praised

l Japan Invited To Join TPP Trade Talks

l PBOC’s Zhou Says Slower Growth Needed For Restructuring

l Australia Sees Wider Deficit As High Currency Hits Revenue

North America

l Dealers Say No End To QE In 2013 As Hatzius Sees 2016 Rate Rise

l Carney Says Next Canada Rate Move Needs Above 2% Growth

Europe

l Greeks Have Lost A Third Of Their Disposable Income

Currencies

l Dollar Gains Vs. Yen After G-20 Statement

Commodities

l Oil Rebound After Week's Big Sell-Off

l Gold Posts 5% Weekly Loss, Outlook Seen Volatile

Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Bursa berserker Mon 22 Apr 2013, 14:34

good afternoon :D
Bursa berserker
Bursa berserker

Back to top Go down

Post by phoenix777 Mon 22 Apr 2013, 16:16

Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn
phoenix777
phoenix777

Male Join date : 2011-02-03
Job/Hobbies : eating good food
Stock Exposure : 1 year
Stock Portfolio : empty handed

Back to top Go down

Post by Cals Tue 23 Apr 2013, 00:44

close of session

market cap /transaction looks like many change of hands
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

top winner vs loser

ace

warrant
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down