Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sime Darby raises stake in E&O

Go down

Sime Darby raises stake in E&O Empty Sime Darby raises stake in E&O

Post by Cals Tue 30 Jul 2013, 10:31

Sime Darby raises stake in E&O
Business & Markets 2013
Written by Fatin Rasyiqah Mustaza of theedgemalaysia.com  
Tuesday, 30 July 2013 10:10

KUALA LUMPUR: SIME DARBY BHD [] has raised its equity interest in developer Eastern & Oriental Bhd (E&O) to 31.96% following recent share purchases.

Filings with Bursa Malaysia show that the group has bought an additional 15.4 million shares or 1.39% equity interest in E&O since June 27, raising its holdings to 353.48 million shares.

The conglomerate took up a 30.56% stake in E&O in 2011, paying RM766 million or RM2.30 per share, which was a 59% premium to E&O’s share price at the time.

The acquisition triggered an investigation into whether Sime Darby should be required to make a general offer for the remaining shares as it was seen as acting in concert with E&O’s three major shareholders who had sold their shares to the group. The Securities Commission ruled that a GO was not required.

Sime Darby, whose landbank is located outside of city centres, had said its investment in E&O was for exposure to  property projects in hot spots such as Kuala Lumpur city centre, Penang and Iskandar Malaysia.  

For the first six months of this year, E&O shares peaked in May at RM2.25 from their January low of RM1.50. Yesterday, the counter shed six sen to close at RM2.

This article first appeared in The Edge Financial Daily, on July 30, 2013.
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down