Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shell discovers gas off the coast of Sarawak

Go down

Shell discovers gas off the coast of Sarawak Empty Shell discovers gas off the coast of Sarawak

Post by Cals Tue 26 Aug 2014, 23:16

Shell discovers gas off the coast of Sarawak
Business & Markets 2014
Written by Jonathan Gan of theedgemalaysia.com   
Tuesday, 26 August 2014 16:05

KUALA LUMPUR (Aug 26): Shell has announced gas discovery in its deep water Majoram-1 well, off the coast of Sarawak.

The Marjoram-1 well is located 180 kilometres off the Malaysia coast in Block SK318, in 800 metres of water, according to a media statement released today.

Earlier this year, the oil and gas giant had also discovered oil in its Rosmari-1 well in the same block.

Commenting on the discovery, Mr Andrew Brown, Shell Upstream International Director said, “Our strategy to expand our heartland areas through technologically-advanced exploration, is delivering tangible success in deep-water in Malaysia.”

“We have a long history in the region, and the addition of new natural gas resources this year, ensures we are able to continue to provide cost-effective, reliable, cleaner energy options for the future.” 

Block 318 is operated by Shell with an 85% interest, with the remainder held by Petronas Carigali Sdn Bhd — a unit of national oil firm Petroleum Nasional Bhd.
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down