Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Industrial Production Index (IPI) – May 2012

2 posters

Go down

Industrial Production Index (IPI) – May 2012 Empty Industrial Production Index (IPI) – May 2012

Post by Cals Thu 12 Jul 2012, 12:34

Industrial Production Index (IPI) – May 2012
Recovery in Mining index push IPI growth

Above expectation – May’s Industrial Production Index (IPI) recorded 112.8 points, an increase of 8.0% y-o-y
and a 3.5% m-o-m. Such result is above our forecast of 105.0 to 108.0.

We reckon a better result of IPI in May’12 was due to lower base that recorded last year (May’11: 104.4) as well
as manufacturing order back to pre-flood level from Thailand, which is the largest Malaysian export partner in
May’12.

Mining index posted positive growth – Mining index in May’12 grew 13.8% y-o-y and 1.2% m-o-m to 85.0.
Such result was due to the increment in both crude oil index (14.6% y-o-y) and natural gas index (5.2% y-o-y).
Among factors that attribute to an increase in oil and gas productions was due to recovery of oil field production on
the east coast of Peninsular Malaysia from severe disruption that occurred last year.

Manufacturing index expanded – Manufacturing index rose 6.4% y-o-y and 3.9% m-o-m to 124.0.

We reckon manufacturing index performed well on yearly basis was due to several aspects such as recovery of
supply chain in manufacturing industry following the Japanese earthquake last year, manufacturing order back
to pre-flood level from Thailand and the robust demand on raw metal products.

Electricity index improve as well – Electricity index registered 135.8, up 6.6% y-o-y and 5.7% m-o-m. We
believe the increment in Electricity index was highly correlated with the improvement in Manufacturing index.

External headwind continue pose risks to June’s IPI - With the slowdown in economic activity in
developed nations and countries in emerging market, we expect IPI in June to drop between 108 and 110.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down

Industrial Production Index (IPI) – May 2012 Empty Re: Industrial Production Index (IPI) – May 2012

Post by Cals Thu 12 Jul 2012, 12:34

damn good numbers
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down

Industrial Production Index (IPI) – May 2012 Empty Re: Industrial Production Index (IPI) – May 2012

Post by Bursa berserker Thu 12 Jul 2012, 15:04

haha
Bursa berserker
Bursa berserker

Male Join date : 2011-10-07
Stock Portfolio : mitra :D lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down