Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Only 28% of 12 million work force in Malaysia are highly skilled

Go down

Only 28% of 12 million work force in Malaysia are highly skilled Empty Only 28% of 12 million work force in Malaysia are highly skilled

Post by Cals Mon 17 Jun 2013, 18:43

Only 28% of 12 million work force in Malaysia are highly skilled
Business & Markets 2013
Written by Bernama   
Monday, 17 June 2013 14:39

KUALA LUMPUR (June 17): Only 28 per cent of the 12 million work force in Malaysia are highly skilled, said Deputy Human Resource Minister Datuk Ismail Abdul Mutalib.
As such, he said the Human Resource Ministry would cooperate actively with the Education Ministry and the private sector to achieve the target of 50 per cent of the work force comprising highly skilled workers by the year 2020.
"Registration for vocational courses would be increased from time to time to reach 300,000 places compared with only about 130,000 places currently," he told reporters after officiating the 2nd International Skills Conference 2013, here today.
Ismail said strategic cooperation with the private sector was also important in efforts to transfer TECHNOLOGY [] and expertise from abroad to churn out skilled work force among the locals.
"We will increase forums at the international level such as the one today where the local delegates who were present had vast opportunities to exchange ideas with the developed nations such as Australia and the United Kingdom," he said.
The two-day conference, themed 'Tranforming the Skills Workforce: Realising Opportunities and Challenges', was organised by The National Association of Private Educational Institutions (NAPEI) in collaboration with The Victoria State Government, Australia. – Bernama

Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down