Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gamuda 3Q profit plunges 48% yoy due to one-off provisions made

Go down

Gamuda 3Q profit plunges 48% yoy due to one-off provisions made Empty Gamuda 3Q profit plunges 48% yoy due to one-off provisions made

Post by Cals Thu 27 Jun 2013, 22:50

Gamuda 3Q profit plunges 48% yoy due to one-off provisions made
Business & Markets 2013
Written by theedgemalaysia.com   
Thursday, 27 June 2013 20:11

KUALA LUMPUR (June 27): GAMUDA BHD [] reported that its net profit for third quarter to end-April 2013 fell 48.2% to RM71.39 million, from RM138.01million a year ago, due to a one-off provision of RM113 million.

But Gamuda's revenue rose 28.3% to RM905.57 million from RM705.86 million. Earnings per share were 3.37 sen compared with 6.65 sen.

It declared a single tier second interim dividend of six sen per share.

"The decrease in profit …resulted from the one-off provision for expenses in respect of the awards rendered by the Arbitral Tribunals in favour of the group's subcontractors," the CONSTRUCTION [] and infrastructural company said in its filing to Bursa.

On outlook, Gamuda said the Group's results (excluding the one-off provision) are expected to further improve in the remaining quarter of this financial year, supported by on-going construction projects, strong unbilled sales of the property division and steady earnings from the water and expressway concessions division.
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down