Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Govt to seriously consider all input on TPPA before making any decision

Go down

Govt to seriously consider all input on TPPA before making any decision Empty Govt to seriously consider all input on TPPA before making any decision

Post by Cals Tue 06 Aug 2013, 14:54

Govt to seriously consider all input on TPPA before making any decision
Business & Markets 2013
Written by Bernama
Tuesday, 06 August 2013 13:25

KOTA BAHARU, (Aug 6): The government will seriously consider all input by various stakeholders related to the Trans-Pacific Partnership Agreement (TPPA) before making any decision on it.
International Trade and Industry Minister Datuk Seri Mustapa Mohamed said what was important in respect of the decision is that, national interest would definitely be given priority, with the rights of the people not being compromised.
"The concern is whether the TPPA will help the country or affect its interests. This is the basis for deciding on our action," he told reporters here today.
He was speaking after attending a breaking of fast ceremony with heads of departments and non-governmental organisations here last night.
"To date, there has been no one decision finalised on the TPPA as there are many issues that need to be concluded. If it impacts national interest, there is no reason to agree," he added.
Mustapa also expressed his happiness over the participation of 1,000 representatives of various special interest groups at the open forum on the TPPA last Thursday.
He added that the government had received a lot of valuable feedback from the session.
"I received much input on the challenges related to national sovereignty, the prices of medicine and on the government-linked companies, in respect of the TPPA negotiations," he said.
The TPPA, a free trade initiative, involves the United States, Australia, Brunei, Malaysia, Canada, Chile, Mexico, New Zealand, Peru, Singapore, Vietnam and Japan.
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down