Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Australia shares post fourth weekly gain, caution ahead of election

Go down

Australia shares post fourth weekly gain, caution ahead of election Empty Australia shares post fourth weekly gain, caution ahead of election

Post by Cals Fri 06 Sep 2013, 16:10

Australia shares post fourth weekly gain, caution ahead of election
Business & Markets 2013
Written by Reuters
Friday, 06 September 2013 14:30

SYDNEY (Sept 6): Australian shares ended flat on Friday with investors cautious ahead of national elections and a U.S. non-farm payrolls report, but a rise on Wall Street helped buoy the market.

Trading remained slightly cautious ahead of the elections on Saturday, with polls indicating a decisive defeat for Prime Minister Kevin Rudd's Labor government. Analysts said investors had already priced a lower house win for the centre-right Liberal Coalition into valuations.

The S&P/ASX 200 index finished 2.5 points higher at 5,145.0. The benchmark rose 0.2 percent for the week, a fourth consecutive week of gains.

Investors will also monitor the closely-watched payrolls report in the United States and its implication on the Federal Reserve's stimulus programme that is due to be released after trading closes on Friday.

New Zealand's benchmark NZX 50 index finished 0.2 percent lower at 4,597.2. - Reuters
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down