Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Petronas: Garraf oil field achieves first oil production

Go down

Petronas: Garraf oil field achieves first oil production Empty Petronas: Garraf oil field achieves first oil production

Post by Cals Fri 06 Sep 2013, 16:33

Published: Friday September 6, 2013 MYT 2:55:00 PM
Updated: Friday September 6, 2013 MYT 3:13:46 PM
Petronas: Garraf oil field achieves first oil production

KUALA LUMPUR: Petronas upstream operations arm in Iraq, Petronas Carigali Iraq Holding B.V., had on Aug 31 achieved its First Oil from the Garraf oil field located in Iraq’s Thi Qar Province.

In a statement on Friday, Petronas said it had partnered with Japan Petroleum Exploration Co Ltd and Iraq’s North Oil Company.

“Production from the Garraf oil field has started at the rate of 35,000 barrels of oil per day (bpd),and is expected to reach 230,000 bpd in 2017.

“As one of the largest investors in Iraq, Petronas will continue with our planned development efforts and activities. The Garraf project provides us the opportunity to develop our capabilities and expertise in the Middle Eastern region,” it said.

Petronas noted the Garraf oil field was included as one of the fields on offer in Iraq's Second Petroleum Licensing Round.

“The Petronas-led consortium secured the winning bid and was awarded the Development & Production Service Contract for the Garraf Contract Area in December 2009,” it said.

Upon winning the bid, Petronas, together with its partners started the development of the field, completed the construction of the base camp in March 2011, and began drilling the wells in June 2011.
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down