Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MAS increases capacity across network

2 posters

Go down

MAS increases capacity across network Empty MAS increases capacity across network

Post by Cals Fri 20 Sep 2013, 17:34

MAS increases capacity across network
Business & Markets 2013
Written by Bernama
Friday, 20 September 2013 16:42

KUALA LUMPUR (Sept 20): Malaysia Airlines (MAS) is on an expansion mode with capacity and frequency increases to Singapore, Sydney and Melbourne,while putting Darwin back on its network map from next month.

MAS ceased flights to Darwin in February 2002.

Its Group Chief Executive Officer Ahmad Jauhari Yahya said in recent weeks, MAS had launched flights to Dubai and Kochi, while increasing capacity and frequencies to Bandar Seri Begawan (Brunei) and Medan (Indonesia).

"People are traveling more, and MAS is strengthening its footprint across Asia and beyond in response to market needs," he added in a statement here today.

Bandar Seri Bagawan saw a 11 per cent increase in capacity into and out of it, with the utilisation of the bigger B737-800 series (160 seats) aircraft, effective Aug 15 this year.

Meanwhile, Medan has seen the addition of a third daily frequency from Kuala Lumpur, from Sept 15.This makes is 6,720 seats weekly in and out of Medan.

The planned new daily flights to Singapore from Kuala Lumpur and vice-versa will offer more seamless travel and good connections to popular destinations such as New Delhi and Beijing.

The current double daily operations from Sydney will be increased with four additional weekly flights, bringing it to 18 per week from Nov 21, and this will increase to 21 from Feb 5, 2014.

MAS is also tripling its frequency from Kuala Lumpur into Melbourne from Nov 21, from the current double daily service.

Flights will depart Kuala Lumpur at 7.50 pm daily and arrive in Melbourne at 6.45 am the following day.

The flight from Melbourne to Kuala Lumpur will depart at 8.55 am and arrive at 2.15 pm the same day.

MAS has seen a steady increase in passenger traffic since the start of 2013 while matching the added capacity.

Seat loads have also improved, registering 83.3 per cent in July 2013, and equivalent to a 9.1 per cent increase from the previous year.

MAS celebrated the reinstatement of its Kuala Lumpur – Dubai service in August 2013 and Kochi in south India, became its new destination in September.
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down

MAS increases capacity across network Empty Re: MAS increases capacity across network

Post by peanut Sat 21 Sep 2013, 03:22

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
peanut
peanut

Back to top Go down

MAS increases capacity across network Empty Re: MAS increases capacity across network

Post by Cals Sat 21 Sep 2013, 10:08

very positive accumulation point
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down

Post by peanut Sat 21 Sep 2013, 12:02

Cals wrote:very positive accumulation point
Evil should we too?? hehe Giggle
peanut
peanut

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down