Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KPS selling entire stake in Taliworks

Go down

KPS selling entire stake in Taliworks Empty KPS selling entire stake in Taliworks

Post by Cals Thu 10 Oct 2013, 09:02

Published: Thursday October 10, 2013 MYT 12:00:00 AM 
Updated: Thursday October 10, 2013 MYT 7:32:27 AM

KPS selling entire stake in Taliworks

PETALING JAYA: State-owned Kumpulan Perangsang Selangor Bhd (KPS) is selling its entire 16.92% stake in Taliworks Corp Bhd for RM66.48mil, or 90 sen a share, which will see it take a hit of RM43.77mil.
The firm said in a filing with Bursa Malaysia yesterday that it had been “approached” by LGB Holdings Sdn Bhd, a major shareholder of Taliworks, to divest its 73.87 million shares in the thinly traded water treatment plant operator over four off-market transactions, which have been, or are in, the process of being carried out.
As at yesterday, KPS had sold 55.87 million shares in Taliworks, leaving it with a 4.12% interest.
Although KPS’ original cost of investment in Taliworks was RM46.24mil, it will still have to account for a loss of RM43.77mil at the group level after stripping out post-acquisition profits of RM92.32mil.
KPS said the offer compared favourably to Taliworks’ net asset per share of 30.08 sen, adding that the price was fair given its non-controlling stake, the low volume of trading in Taliworks’ shares and minimal expected dividends over the next three to five years as Taliworks sorts out a wastewater project in China.
KPSB closed three sen higher at RM2.03 with 1.93 million shares done, while Taliworks was unchanged at 96 sen.
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down