Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

October vehicle sales fall, year-to-date total industry volume rises

Go down

October vehicle sales fall, year-to-date total industry volume rises Empty October vehicle sales fall, year-to-date total industry volume rises

Post by Cals Sun 17 Nov 2013, 21:29

Published: Saturday November 16, 2013 MYT 12:00:00 AM 
Updated: Saturday November 16, 2013 MYT 8:33:53 AM

October vehicle sales fall, year-to-date total industry volume rises

KUALA LUMPUR: Sales of passenger and commercial vehicles in October declined to 55,078 from 55,447 units a year earlier, said the Malaysian Automotive Association (MAA).
It said passenger vehicles posted lower sales of 47,930 units in October compared with 48,505 units in the year-earlier period.
Sales of commercial vehicles, however, rose to 7,148 units from 6,942 units in October 2012.
Compared with September, the sales volume of both passenger and commercial vehicles in October was 0.2% or 133 units higher.
MAA said year-to-date total industry volume registered a growth of 29,130 units, or 6%, versus a year earlier.
It said the increase could have been much higher if not for the technical computer glitch in the registration system at end-October 2013.
On output, MAA said production of passenger vehicles last month increased to 50,184 units year-on-year from 46,605 units, while commercial vehicle production fell to 4,365 units from 5,702 units.
It said total production for both segments increased to 54,549 units from 52,307 units a year earlier.
On outlook, MAA said the sales volume for November was expected to be higher as the market returned to normalcy after the release of Budget 2014, carry-over orders from October and excitement generated by the Kuala Lumpur International Motorshow 2013. — Bernama
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down