Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Publications Q3 pre-tax profit rises to RM55.932 mln

Go down

Star Publications Q3 pre-tax profit rises to RM55.932 mln Empty Star Publications Q3 pre-tax profit rises to RM55.932 mln

Post by Cals Wed 20 Nov 2013, 22:28

Star Publications Q3 pre-tax profit rises to RM55.932 mln
Business & Markets 2013
Written by Bernama   
Wednesday, 20 November 2013 18:59

KUALA LUMPUR (Nov 20): Star Publications (Malaysia) Bhd's pre-tax profit rose to RM55.932 million for the third quarter ended Sept 30, 2013, from RM43.795 million posted in the same period last year.

Revenue increased 3.1 per cent to RM264.22 million from RM256.38 million.

In a filing to Bursa Malaysia, the company said the increase in revenue was mainly due to higher revenue in its event, interior and thematic segment, amounting to RM54.19 million, against RM43.83 million posted in the same quarter last year.

It said the better performance was also due to a slight increase in advertising revenue.

Star Publications said in the media sector, advertising expenditure remained soft, but was expected to gradually pick up in the last quarter of the financial year, as sentiment improves with the seasonality effect. 

"We expect the business environment in the industry to remain highly challenging this year, and will strive to achieve a satisfactory performance for the financial year ending Dec 31, 2013.
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down