Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mega First 3Q profit jumps 31% yoy to RM23m

Go down

Mega First 3Q profit jumps 31% yoy to RM23m Empty Mega First 3Q profit jumps 31% yoy to RM23m

Post by Cals Tue 26 Nov 2013, 05:11

Mega First 3Q profit jumps 31% yoy to RM23m
Business & Markets 2013
Written by Jeffrey Tan of theedgemalaysia.com   
Monday, 25 November 2013 18:04
KUALA LUMPUR (Nov 25): Mega First Corporation Bhd’s net profit jumped 31% year-on-year (y-o-y) to RM23 million in the third quarter ended Sept 30, 2013, from RM18 million a year ago.

But revenue slipped 3% y-o-y to RM149 million from RM153 million.

In a filing to the stock exchange, Mega First said the larger profit was mainly due to higher contribution from the power and resources divisions and non-core activities as reflected in the results of investment holding and others.

The diversified entity that delves into power generation, resources and property development and investment said the profit also included a gain of RM3.5 million from quoted investments.

For the nine-month period, net profit chalked RM62 million from RM45 million a year earlier, while revenue raked in RM441 million versus RM465 million in the previous corresponding quarter.

Mega First said its power division remains the main contributor to the group.

“The Board expects the results for the remaining quarter to be satisfactory,” said Mega First.
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down