Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Russian authorities say Bitcoin illegal

Go down

Russian authorities say Bitcoin illegal Empty Russian authorities say Bitcoin illegal

Post by Cals Mon 10 Feb 2014, 05:30

Russian authorities say Bitcoin illegal
Business & Markets 2014
Written by Reuters   
Sunday, 09 February 2014 17:29

MOSCOW (Feb 9): Russian authorities have issued warnings against using Bitcoin, saying the virtual currency could be used for money laundering or financing terrorism and that treating it as a parallel currency is illegal.
"Systems for anonymous payments and cyber currencies that have gained considerable circulation - including the most well-known, Bitcoin - are money substitutes and cannot be used by individuals or legal entities," the Russian Prosecutor General's Office said on Feb.6.
It added that Russian law stipulates that the rouble is the sole official currency and that introducing any other monetary units or substitutes was illegal.
Russia's central bank also said on Jan. 27 that Bitcoin trade was highly speculative and that the unit carried a big risk of losing value.
"Citizens and legal entities risk being drawn - even unintentionally - into illegal activity, including laundering of money obtained through crime, as well as financing terrorism," it warned.
The Prosecutor's General Office said it was working with the central bank and other law enforcement agencies to tighten regulations and prevent legal offences committed with the use of pseudo-currencies.
The Bitcoin community in the United States, far more developed than the one in Russia, has already come under intense scrutiny as authorities crack down on illegal activity carried out using the digital currency. - Reuters 
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down