Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Texchem ordered to make exit offer for financially-troubled Singapore-listed unit

Go down

Texchem ordered to make exit offer for financially-troubled Singapore-listed unit Empty Texchem ordered to make exit offer for financially-troubled Singapore-listed unit

Post by Cals Thu 06 Mar 2014, 17:27

Texchem ordered to make exit offer for financially-troubled Singapore-listed unit
Business & Markets 2014
Written by Chong Jin Hun of theedgemalaysia.com   
Thursday, 06 March 2014 13:31

KUALA LUMPUR (Mar 6): Diversified Texchem Resources Bhd is expected to make an exit offer for shares in its 70.48%-owned Singapore-listed subsidiary Texchem-Pack Holdings (S) Ltd.

This follows a Singapore Exchange Securities Trading Ltd's delisting notification to Texchem-Pack after the latter failed to rejuvenate its financials within the  time frame specified by the bourse regulator.

The deadline for the regularisation was yesterday (March 5, 2014).

"In the delisting notification the SGX-ST (Singapore Exchange) has advised that TXPHS (Texchem-Pack) or its controlling shareholder(s) must comply with the listing manual which requires TXPHS or its controlling shareholder(s), i.e. TRB (Texchem Resources), to make a reasonable exit offer to shareholders.

"The SGX-ST has given TXPHS one month from the date of the delisting notification to make an exit offer proposal," Texchem Resources told Bursa Malaysia today.

According to Texchem Resources which undertakes food processing, restaurant and chemical-trading operations,  Texchem-Pack had failed to regularise its financials within a two-year duration since the firm was placed on Singapore Exchange's watch list on March 5, 2012.

"At this juncture, TRB is not in a position to determine the financial impact on TRB group as the exit offer price has yet to be considered and determined by the board of directors of TRB.

"TRB will make further announcements as and when there are material updates on the status of the exit offer proposal," Texchem Resources said.

According to Texchem Resources, Singapore Exchange has indicated that trading of Texchem-Pack shares will continue until 5pm, on April 4 this year.

Trading of the stock will be suspended from 9am, this April 7 until completion of the exit offer.
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down