Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rubber market closes mostly lower

Go down

Rubber market closes mostly lower Empty Rubber market closes mostly lower

Post by Cals Tue 22 Apr 2014, 19:54

Rubber market closes mostly lower
Business & Markets 2014
Written by Bernama   
Tuesday, 22 April 2014 18:12

KUALA LUMPUR (Apr 22): The Malaysian rubber market closed mostly lower on Tuesday, tracking the tumbling prices on the Tokyo Commodity Exchange (TOCOM), said a dealer. 

He said the benchmark TOCOM rubber futures declined below the key psychological level of 200 yen to hit a new 4 1/2-year low, hurt by concerns over demand in top buyer China.

"The rising price of oil helped to boost rubber prices on TOCOM. However, concerns about weak demand in China encouraged investors to liquidate contracts to avoid losses," the dealer said.

The Malaysian Rubber Board's official physical price for tyre-grade SMR 20 dropped 11 sen to 544 sen a kg at noon while latex-in-bulk was 6.5 sen lower at
456.5 sen a kg.

The unofficial closing price for tyre-grade SMR 20 rose eight sen to 546 sen a kg while latex-in-bulk dipped 4.5 sen to 453.5 sen a kg. 
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down