Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CIMB Research raises E&O target price to RM2.99 on positive outlook

Go down

CIMB Research raises E&O target price to RM2.99 on positive outlook Empty CIMB Research raises E&O target price to RM2.99 on positive outlook

Post by Cals Mon 02 Jun 2014, 23:58

CIMB Research raises E&O target price to RM2.99 on positive outlook
Business & Markets 2014
Written by Jonathan Gan of theedgemalaysia.com   
Monday, 02 June 2014 10:42

KUALA LUMPUR (May 2): CIMB Research has maintained its Add rating on Eastern & Oriental Bhd at RM2.48 with a  higher target price of RM2.99 (from RM2.75) and said it was positive on the acquisition of 110 million shares by E & O’s managing director Datuk Terry Tham from Sime Darby Bhd.

In a note May 30, Terrence Wong of CIMB Research said that the acquisition showed strong conviction and commitment to E&O.

“We view this vote of confidence by Datuk Terry positively, as the purchase price is at a 22% premium to E&O’s Wednesday closing price.”

He added that this would allow the Penang government to draw a greater sense of comfort that the landmark Seri Tanjung Pinang 2 (STP2) project would be carried out by E&O and hopefully accelerate its approval process.

The 110 million shares represented a 9.9% stake in E&O and was acquired by Tham for a total cash consideration of RM319 million.

“We make no changes to our earnings per share, Add rating or target basis (30% discount to realizable net asset value (RNAV), though we raise our target price after lifting RNAV by 9% to RM4.28 to factor in an imminent start to STP2 reclamation work,” said Wong.

At 10:07 am, E&O rose 3 sen to RM2.54 per share with a total of 437,000 shares traded.

Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down