Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bursa seeks investors' assistance to increase Gen-Y participation

Go down

Bursa seeks investors' assistance to increase Gen-Y participation Empty Bursa seeks investors' assistance to increase Gen-Y participation

Post by Cals Wed 18 Jun 2014, 03:15

Bursa seeks investors' assistance to increase Gen-Y participation
Business & Markets 2014
Written by Bernama   
Tuesday, 17 June 2014 17:34

KUALA LUMPUR (June 17): Bursa Malaysia is seeking community investors' assistance to increase the participation of members of Generation Y — the people born during the 1980s and early 1990s — in the capital market.

"We have a challenge that I would like to seek your assistance to help remedy (this)," Bursa Malaysia Bhd Chief Executive Officer, Datuk Tajuddin Atan, said.

"Most of the youths, Malaysia's Gen-Y, are not participating in the marketplace, be it as investors or as a career option," he said in his keynote address at the 4th Malaysian Investor Relations (IR) Awards, here today.

He said that the exchange had so far ventured into a couple of initiatives to engage with the younger generation and to spark their interest in the capital market.

In April this year, it rolled out Bursa Marketplace — an online destination and community for retail investors to obtain accurate and objective information about the market.

The exchange also launched the Bursa Malaysia Fantasy Football Trader Challenge last week, enabling the building of portfolios, using the players of
the World Cup, to better understand how to use the tools of investors and traders.

Tajuddin said that Malaysia had the second highest number of new entrants coming into workforce in the world, among the major global markets.

He believed that it was only with the younger generation's participation in the marketplace, that the longer-term sustainability of the marketplace would be achieved.

"We would like to invite you to be part of this journey to educate and develop the Gen-Y's knowledge of moving from saving for the future, to investing for the future," he said.

Earlier, Tajuddin said that the best practices of IR could contribute to a company's shares achieve fair value.

"The recognition that will be given to companies and IR today, will further elevate the significance of IR in a company's operations," he said.

During the event, Sime Darby Bhd, Genting Plantations Bhd and MKH Bhd were the winners in the "Best Company for Investor Relations" category for Large Cap, Mid Cap and Small Cap companies, respectively.
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down