Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Petronas demobilises 28 employees in Iraq to Dubai

Go down

Petronas demobilises 28 employees in Iraq to Dubai Empty Petronas demobilises 28 employees in Iraq to Dubai

Post by Cals Thu 19 Jun 2014, 03:16

Petronas demobilises 28 employees in Iraq to Dubai
Business & Markets 2014
Written by Ahmad Naqib Idris Adzman Shah of theedgemalaysia.com   
Wednesday, 18 June 2014 18:00

KUALA LUMPUR (June 18): Petroliam Nasional Bhd (Petronas) has demobilised 28 of its 166 employees in Iraq to Dubai due to security concerns in the country.

The national oil and gas company said 18 of the 28 employees are Malaysian.

However, 95 of its critical personnel remain in Iraq to manage its operations, while the balance 43 employees are in the process of being demobilised.

“PETRONAS is monitoring the situation very closely and is in constant communication with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Malaysian Embassy in Jordan.

“It has identified the mitigation efforts and is ready to take all the necessary measures should the situation worsen,” said the group in a press statement.

Petronas has interests in four oil fields in Iraq, namely the Garraf, Majnoon, Badra and Halfaya oil fields which are located in southern and eastern Iraq.
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down