Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stock With Momentum: Hap Seng Consolidated

Go down

Stock With Momentum: Hap Seng Consolidated Empty Stock With Momentum: Hap Seng Consolidated

Post by Cals Thu 02 Jul 2015, 01:05

Stock With Momentum: Hap Seng Consolidated

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

By Asia Analytica / The Edge Financial Daily   | July 1, 2015 : 10:30 AM MYT  

[size=14]Hap Seng Consolidated Bhd ([You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Financial Dashboard) (-ve)

Hap Seng Consolidated (Fundamental: 1.3/3, Valuation: 2.1/3), a well-diversified conglomerate, was first picked by our momentum algorithm yesterday, closing down 5.1% to RM5.20. The stock, however, has trended higher for the better part of the last 3 years, rising at a CAGR of 52.6%.

The company’s businesses include plantation, property, credit financing, automotive, fertilizer trading, and quarry and building materials. Despite relatively flat revenue, net profit grew by a 3-year CAGR of 26.1% to RM753.5 million in 2014. 

For 1Q2015, though revenue rose 25.9% y-o-y to RM1.1 billion, net profit declined 11.6% to RM110.9 million, due mainly to lower profit from plantation and property segments. With a net debt of RM2.8 billion, its gearing stood at 68.4% at end-March.

On June 16, Hap Seng Consolidated completed its disposal of Hap Seng Capital Pte Ltd, a financial services provider, for RM640.8 million — of which RM395 million was subsequently used to acquire Menara Hap Seng KK, currently being constructed, in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This article first appeared in The Edge Financial Daily, on April 27, 2015.
[/size]
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down