Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

External Trade – December 2011

Go down

External Trade – December 2011 Empty External Trade – December 2011

Post by Cals Tue 14 Feb 2012, 09:22

External Trade – December 2011
Sustainable export growth from Asia

Above expectation – December’s export and import rose to RM 60.74 billion and RM 52.43 billion respectively to end at RM 8.31 billion of trade surplus. Trade surpluswas slightly above our forecast of RM 7-8 billion. We believe surge in exports are due to the higher demand from countries, which hit by the natural disaster namely Australia, Japan and Thailand. The demand also came
from developing nations like Indonesia, Republic of Koreaand China. Among exports goods that received higher demand in December were petroleum-based products, electrical & electronic goods, palm oil-based products, miscellaneous and etc.

External trade expected to rise for Jan – We are optimistic that consumer sentiment and Asian economy remain strong despite drawback of Eurozone debt’s crisis and slow recovery of the U.S. economy. Thus, we forecast January exports to expand at 10-11% y-o-y whilst imports to shrink to 8-9% y-o-y. This translates into trade surplus approximately of RM 11-12billion.
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down