Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Flash TA Enterprise not selling stockbroking business, says MD

Go down

Flash TA Enterprise not selling stockbroking business, says MD Empty Flash TA Enterprise not selling stockbroking business, says MD

Post by Cals Fri 05 Jul 2013, 16:54

Flash TA Enterprise not selling stockbroking business, says MD
Business & Markets 2013
Written by theedgemalaysia.com
Friday, 05 July 2013 16:48

Flash: TA Enterprise not selling stockbroking business, says MD
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down

Flash TA Enterprise not selling stockbroking business, says MD Empty Re: Flash TA Enterprise not selling stockbroking business, says MD

Post by Cals Fri 05 Jul 2013, 16:54

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

kenanga bakar satey lol
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”

Back to top Go down

Flash TA Enterprise not selling stockbroking business, says MD Empty Re: Flash TA Enterprise not selling stockbroking business, says MD

Post by Cals Fri 05 Jul 2013, 19:27

KUALA LUMPUR (July 5): TA ENTERPRISE BHD [] managing director made it clear that the company is not selling its stockbroking business.

"Definitely, there have been a lot of interests shown by different companies and a lot of informal overtures have been made. But no, it's not true (that we are going to sell TA Securities Holdings)," said Datin Alicia Tiah.

Speaking to the media after the annual general meetings of TA Enterprise and TA Global Bhd, Tiah said the company had even issued a statement to the stock exchange to dispel the rumours.

"We already issued a statement to Bursa Malaysia on June 11," she said.

However, Tiah said that being an entrepreneur, she would definitely consider divesting TA Enterprise's stockbroking business if she was offered with a price that "I cannot resist".

But a company insider told this writer that the company is open to selling TA Securities. It is only a matter of setting an attractive price.

As at its last financial year ended January 31, 2013, TA Enterprise had a book value of RM1.64 per share.

This value was over three times the price of its share then.

Tiah admitted that the stockbroking business is currently suffering from stiff competition and compressed margins. Yet she and husband Datuk Tony Tiah believe there is potential for the business to grow.

Rumours have been swirling for months that local brokerage firm K&N Kenanga Holdings Bhd is looking to acquire TA Securities to bolster its market share.

Kenanga is now the second-largest brokerage firm in terms of trading volume market share, after it bought ECM Libra Investment Bank late last year.

The RHB-OSK merged entity took the crown for having the largest market share in trading volume.
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down