Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

China's Chalco stalls aluminium smelter project in Malaysia

Go down

China's Chalco stalls aluminium smelter project in Malaysia Empty China's Chalco stalls aluminium smelter project in Malaysia

Post by Cals Wed 04 Sep 2013, 08:40

China's Chalco stalls aluminium smelter project in Malaysia
Business & Markets 2013
Written by Reuters
Tuesday, 03 September 2013 20:00

HONG KONG (Sept 3): Aluminum Corp of China (Chalco) , the top producer of the metal in China, has suspended a smelter project in Malaysia worth more than $1 billion, a company spokesman said on Tuesday.

"The project is stalled now," the spokesman told Reuters.

Chalco signed a frame agreement with Malaysian company Gulf International Investment Group Holding in 2010 to jointly build the aluminium smelter in Sarawak using local cheap hydro-power. The plant was set to have 370,000 tonnes of capacity a year, according to Chalco's website ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The agreement had not been proceeded since then because preparation work of the project was not done, the Chalco spokesman said. He did not give details or a timeframe for the suspension.

The smelter in Malaysia had been planned to start production in 2013, local media reported.

Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down