Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

QL's 2Q profit rises 15% yoy to RM42m

Go down

QL's 2Q profit rises 15% yoy to RM42m Empty QL's 2Q profit rises 15% yoy to RM42m

Post by Cals Fri 22 Nov 2013, 22:50

QL's 2Q profit rises 15% yoy to RM42m
Business & Markets 2013
Written by Jeffrey Tan of theedgemalaysia.com   
Friday, 22 November 2013 18:46
KUALA LUMPUR (Nov 22): QL Resources Bhd’s net profit rose 15% year-on-year (y-o-y) to RM42 million in the second quarter ended Sept 30, 2013.

Revenue also rose 10% y-o-y to RM605 million.

In a filing to Bursa Malaysia, the marine-products manufacturer, which also undertakes poultry farming and oil palm plantation operations, said the larger profit was due to profit increases in most of its segments.

QL said the better revenue was due to overall higher contribution from all its segments.

For the half-year period to September, profit chalked up RM77 million from RM68 million a year earlier, while revenue registered RM1.185 billion versus RM1.047 billion in the previous corresponding quarter.

QL said the larger profit and revenue were due to the above-mentioned reasons.

“Our management expects the integrated livestock activities contribution to continue to improve against 2Q,” said QL.

“We also expect our fishery operations to be satisfactory but we expect our palm oil activities segment to improve marginally in 3Q.”
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down