Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Affin 3Q profit rises 7% yoy to RM173m; declares dividends of 15 sen

Go down

Affin 3Q profit rises 7% yoy to RM173m; declares dividends of 15 sen Empty Affin 3Q profit rises 7% yoy to RM173m; declares dividends of 15 sen

Post by Cals Thu 28 Nov 2013, 18:38

Affin 3Q profit rises 7% yoy to RM173m; declares dividends of 15 sen
Business & Markets 2013
Written by Jeffrey Tan of theedgemalaysia.com   
Thursday, 28 November 2013 18:32
KUALA LUMPUR (Nov 28): Affin Holdings Bhd’s net profit rose 7% year-on-year (y-o-y) to RM173 million in the third quarter ended Sept 30, 2013, from RM162 million a year ago.

But revenue was near flat at RM764 million compared to RM768 million a year earlier.

In a filing to the stock exchange, the banking and financial group said for the nine-month period, profit chalked up RM483 million from RM469 million a year earlier, while revenue raked in was RM2.254 billion versus RM2.216 billion in the previous corresponding period.

Affin said it declared an interim tax exempt dividend of 8.9 sen per share and a single-tier dividend of 6.1 sen per share for the financial year ending Dec 31, 2013.

Affin said its improved performance for the nine months was attributed to an increase in net interest income and Islamic banking income totaling RM29.2 million.

However, this was partially offset by the reduction in other operating income, lower share of profit in the associate and lower write-back of allowance for securities impairment totaling RM38.7 million.

Tan Sri Mohd Zahidi bin Hj. Zainuddin, Chairman of Affin said: “Looking ahead and as the year is coming to a close, we are confident that we will maintain our current growth momentum and achieve our KPI targets that we have set for this year.”
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down