Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bursa expects fewer IPOs this year

Go down

Bursa expects fewer IPOs this year Empty Bursa expects fewer IPOs this year

Post by Cals Thu 30 Jan 2014, 02:23

Bursa expects fewer IPOs this year
Business & Markets 2014
Written by Bernama   
Wednesday, 29 January 2014 20:03

KUALA LUMPUR (Jan 29): The financial year 2014 will see fewer initial public offerings (IPOs) in the local bourse, although the total size of the IPOs will be higher than last year, Bursa Malaysia Bhd said today.

Its Chief Executive Officer, Datuk Tajuddin Atan, said last year saw 18 IPOs launched, with a total size of RM8.2 billion, compared to 17 IPOs with a total size of RM22.9 billion in 2012.

"We are seeing a healthy pipeline so far, and we can see fewer but bigger companies that would want to launch their IPOs, such as Iskandar Waterfront Holdings Sdn Bhd and Malakoff Corp Bhd," he said.

Iskandar Waterfront is tasked with developing a Malaysian city to rival neighbouring Singapore, while Malakoff is the country's largest independent power producer.

"The key benchmarks that we need to monitor here, are the market capital and the inflow of strong, big companies," he told reporters, at a press conference announcing the local bourse's results.

"Generally, these are the companies that provide good traction, and hopefully from 13 to 14 big companies, we will see a lot more activities that translate to data that we are looking at," he said.

He said, the key focus would also be in the trading side, with market capital increase and sentiment to grow, especially on the equity side.

Bursa Malaysia is an approved exchange holding company, under Section 15 of the Capital Markets and Services Act 2007.
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down