Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lii Hen resumes operations after factory caught fire

Go down

Lii Hen resumes operations after factory caught fire Empty Lii Hen resumes operations after factory caught fire

Post by Cals Mon 07 Apr 2014, 16:53

Lii Hen resumes operations after factory caught fire
Business & Markets 2014
Written by Jeffrey Tan of theedgemalaysia.com   
Monday, 07 April 2014 15:14

KUALA LUMPUR (Apr 7): Furniture manufacturer Lii Hen Industries Bhd resumed its operations today on rented premises, after its furniture factory operated by its wholly-owned subsidiary in Muar, Johor, caught fire last week.

In a statement to the stock exchange today, the firm said its wholly-owned unit Lii Hen Furniture Sdn Bhd (LHF) has rented premises that will cover about 70% to 80% of capacity.

The remainder 20%-30% capacity will be outsourced to sub contractors, the firm added.

Lii Hen said it rented a production plant in Bukit Pasir Industrial Estate from its other subsidiary, Favourite Design Sdn Bhd (FDSB), that has shifted its main operations elsewhere.

“In order to minimise disruption to LHF's operations, the management of the company and LHF has rented one readily available production plant from FDSB,” said Lii Hen.

Last week, the fire caused major damages to Lii Hen’s factory building, machinery, conveyor system, spraying plant and inventories of semi-finished products. But, the group’s corporate office was intact.
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down