Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Iris diversifies into RM71m agricultural biz in Papua New Guinea

Go down

Iris diversifies into RM71m agricultural biz in Papua New Guinea Empty Iris diversifies into RM71m agricultural biz in Papua New Guinea

Post by Cals Tue 15 Apr 2014, 01:04

Iris diversifies into RM71m agricultural biz in Papua New Guinea
Business & Markets 2014
Written by Jeffrey Tan of theedgemalaysia.com   
Monday, 14 April 2014 17:54

KUALA LUMPUR (Apr 14): Iris Corporation Bhd has diversified into a RM71 million agricultural business via a joint venture (JV) with Alvery Resources Limited in Papua New Guinea.

In a statement to Bursa Malaysia, the digital solutions provider said today it entered into a JV agreement with Alvery Resources for the proposed development of 247,105 acres of land in Oro District, Papua New Guinea for an agricultural business.

According to the statement, the JV agreement covers land clearing, logging, plantation and setting up of factories for various agricultural commodities.

“The proposed agreement is to enable the group to expand its business in the realty and development industry overseas; expanding on plantation and plantation commodities and related businesses,” said Iris.

“Barring unforeseen circumstances, the board is of the opinion that the JV will contribute positively to the earnings of the group in the future,” it said.
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down