Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Berjaya Assets Q3 pre-tax profit jumps to RM34.5 mln

Go down

Berjaya Assets Q3 pre-tax profit jumps to RM34.5 mln Empty Berjaya Assets Q3 pre-tax profit jumps to RM34.5 mln

Post by Cals Wed 21 May 2014, 01:57

Berjaya Assets Q3 pre-tax profit jumps to RM34.5 mln
Business & Markets 2014
Written by Bernama   
Tuesday, 20 May 2014 20:05

KUALA LUMPUR (May 20): Berjaya Assets Bhd's pre-tax profit for the third quarter ended March 31, 2014, jumped to RM34.5 million from RM6.7 million recorded in the same period last year.

Revenue rose to RM106.5 million, from RM93.7 million previously.

Berjaya Assets attributed the better performance mainly to higher gain registered on disposal of investment properties and higher profit contribution from Berjaya Times Square Sdn Bhd, arising from higher rental and jetty operation income.

"These offset the lower profit reported by the gaming business segment, arising from higher prize payout," it said in a statement today.

On prospects, it said the property investment and hotel and related businesses operated by Berjaya Times Square, and the gaming business operated by Natural Avenue Sdn Bhd, are expected to maintain occupancy rates and market share respectively, going forward.

Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down