Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Syarikat Takaful 1Q net profit rises 9% y-o-y

Go down

Syarikat Takaful 1Q net profit rises 9% y-o-y Empty Syarikat Takaful 1Q net profit rises 9% y-o-y

Post by Cals Tue 27 May 2014, 03:05

Syarikat Takaful 1Q net profit rises 9% y-o-y
Business & Markets 2014
Written by Ahmad Naqib Idris Adzman Shah of theedgemalaysia.com   
Monday, 26 May 2014 17:45

KUALA LUMPUR (May 26): Syarikat Takaful Malaysia Bhd’s net profit rose 9% to RM35.1 million for its first quarter ended March 31, 2014, from RM32.2 million in the previous year’s same quarter.

However, revenue for the quarter fell 17% to RM432.0 million from RM519.5 million in the year before.

According to the company’s statement to the exchange, the lower revenue was attributed to a decline in sales by Family Takaful business, while the improvement in profit was due to “better investment results”.

Going forward, the company said it will continue to establish a strong foothold in the local insurance and takaful arena, as it continues to be the market leader in the Group Family Takaful business.

“The successful implementation of core initiatives in operational excellence, technology driven capabilities, product innovation and performance oriented culture will enable the company to be ahead of its competitors, increase its overall market shares and continuously improving on shareholder’s value,” the company said.
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down