Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TNB sees rise in electricity consumption during El Nino

Go down

TNB sees rise in electricity consumption during El Nino Empty TNB sees rise in electricity consumption during El Nino

Post by Cals Tue 24 Jun 2014, 23:59

TNB sees rise in electricity consumption during El Nino
Business & Markets 2014
Written by Bernama   
Tuesday, 24 June 2014 14:47

KUALA LUMPUR (June 24): Tenaga Nasional Bhd (TNB) expects electricity consumption to increase during the El Nino, which is expected to hit the country soon.

In a statement today, its corporate communications general manager, Omar Sidek, said during the 2009 El Nino, electricity loading was two per cent higher than forecast.

"The effects of the El Nino weather phenomenon can be felt now ... its's hot and there are no rain.

"This will result in the increasing use of air-conditioning and fans in the factories, business premises, offices and homes," he said.

TNB said the country recorded the highest electricity usage of 16,583 megawatts on May 28, 2014.

The peak usage was between 2pm and 5pm every day, it said.

It advised consumers to adopt energy-saving measures during the current hot and dry season.
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down