Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kedah MB: No meeting with DAP on entertainment centre ban

Go down

Kedah MB: No meeting with DAP on entertainment centre ban  Empty Kedah MB: No meeting with DAP on entertainment centre ban

Post by hlk Mon 18 Jul 2011, 17:59

ALOR SETAR: The Kedah government had never met or held discussions with any DAP leader on the issue of banning the operation of entertainment centres throughout Ramadan, said Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Azizan Abdul Razak.

He said on Monday, July 18 he left it to the state government's administration to finalise this matter after meeting with entertainment centre operators in Kedah to talk things over.

"I was on sick leave and my phone was switched off on doctor's orders to allow me to rest. I did not meet with Lim Kit Siang or Karpal Singh, but aftermy sick leave I met with a Kedah Federation of Chinese Guilds representative (last Saturday) who sent a memorandum on this issue.

"I will leave this matter to the local government. I don't want to be involved so we will see what their requirements are," he told reporters after
the first sitting of the 12th State Legislative Assembly's fourth session, here.

He was commenting on news reports the Kedah PAS government retracted their decision to impose a ban on the operation of entertainment
centres throughout the fasting month.

The report also stated that various quarters were confident that the decision was made after DAP gave an ultimatum to the Kedah government to retract
the restriction or be prepared to face court action.

When asked if the the Kedah PAS government faltered to pressure from the DAP, Azizan simply replied: "No". - Bernama
hlk
hlk

Back to top Go down