Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Update 4QFY13 distributive trade sales rise 7.7% y-o-y to RM227b

Go down

Update 4QFY13 distributive trade sales rise 7.7% y-o-y to RM227b Empty Update 4QFY13 distributive trade sales rise 7.7% y-o-y to RM227b

Post by Cals Mon 10 Feb 2014, 13:29

Update 4QFY13 distributive trade sales rise 7.7% y-o-y to RM227b
Business & Markets 2014
Written by Jeffrey Tan of theedgemalaysia.com   
Monday, 10 February 2014 13:09

KUALA LUMPUR (Feb 10): Malaysia’s sales value of the distributive trade sector rose 7.7% year-on-year (y-o-y) to RM227 billion in the fourth quarter of last year, according to the Department of Statistics (DoS), Malaysia.

In a statement, the DoS said the retail trade sub-sector recorded the highest percentage growth in sales value of 10.5%, followed by wholesale trade at 6.9%, and motor vehicles at 4.0%.

The DoS said the total number of persons engaged in this sector rose 1.4% to approximately 1.5 million persons.

In a separate statement, the department said the volume index of distributive trade rose 7.5% y-o-y in the fourth quarter last year.

The DoS attributed the increase to the growth in indices of retail trade of 9.9%, followed by wholesale trade at 6.8% and motor vehicles at 4.1%.

It added on a y-o-y basis, the volume index of distributive trade for the third quarter last year had been revised to 5.4%.
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down